Friday, April 16, 2010

Take Advantage of Opportunities

I bet a lot of others out there are a lot like me. A bit skeptical. It takes a lot of convincing and proof before I will explore opportunites. I do a lot of research and read through various references before I will plunge into anything new - Especially if it involves Money or Contracts!!!!

I personally believe this has its advantages. I know what I'm getting into, I've thought through its affects from present to future, and know how to get out if I need to. (I always seem to have a back up plan, just in case...)

For example, right now I'm researching and testing e-mail resources in order to better contact opt-in e-mail readers who would like to recieve tips and suggestions right into their inbox. This is tougher than it seems, because there are So many options and price variations, all with different advantages and disadvantages. For me, all I can do is keep narrowing down my choices until finally, the last one. Then I review again to refresh and reaffirm.

Now, this is difficult because, like I said, it involves money. But its a great opportunity for growth. Yes, I often over complicate and get overstressed about things.  But not all things are this difficult.  There are tons of easy opportunites to grow and reach out to others that just get overlooked.  That is where you can shine!

There are more opportunities out there for us to take advantage of than we often realize.  The ones I want to talk about are, of course the free ones.  There are tons of free ways to get involved and get out into the blogging spotlight.  I read blogs all the time with their writers practically begging their readers for input, participation, advice, and suggestions.  This is your opportunity to grow your blog!!!  I'm serious!

If a writer opens up a post for reader participation, such as, "What would you like to see going on on this blog?"  you have found a prime opportunity.  Think about, what would you like to see on this blog?  Is it a craft blog?  Ask the writer to post a Creative Challenge where they list a basic, everyday item and challenge their readers to jazz it up into something decorative or useful, or both.  Then ask the writer to add in a link up party so everyone can show off their projects, which the writer will either review or have their readers review and choose one of the funnest ideas.  Then feature that project and bam!  You were just featured on someone's blog and their readers are going to get to know you and your blog better because of it.  And even if you aren't chosen, you still have your link up so people can find you!

You can adapt this idea to almost any kind of blog subject.  Coupon Best Deal Challenges, Most Inspirational Story, Best New Dish for Dinner...

Why is participating in an opportunity like making a suggestion to a writer who is looking for them such a good idea?  Because so few people get involved, that it makes your participation that much more significant.  You can help the writer out with new ideas as well as  help yourself out.  I love reading the comments that are not only for the writer, but for other readers as well.  Make your suggestion comment worth reading, add your blog url and presto, blog exposure.

Now, the challenge suggestion is just one of many ideas and suggestions you could give that are adventagous to both parties.  The key is to think, how can this benefit the writer as well as myself?  How can I become more involved with other blogs and make new friends and support the ones I already have?  I bet you'll be able to think of a suggestion to make!  So, for safe, easy opportunities, my question is, What are we waiting for?  Let's help each other out!

3 bloggy friends commented:

the thrifty ba said...

something to think about...thank you for posting this!

Unknown said...

Definitely something to consider. I help host some craft challenges but I find that we have little participation. Maybe we need to come at it from a different angle.

Sarah @ The Pumpkin Patch said...

What a great article. I've read alot of your past posts and I'm impressed with how well you are able to get your ideas out and with what great ideas they are!

I know this isn't really your thing, but I thought you might like to know that I've started a Messy Monday link party and would love for you to join! Come check it out at www.pumpkinpatchdesigns.blogspot.com

Free Template By:

A Blog to Brag About