Saturday, February 13, 2010

My Very First Card

So, I went to the store and picked up some very basic tools to try to make my very first handmade card!


I picked up:

Several pieces of cardstock
Stamps
Stamping Pads
Foam
Double SidedTape
Markers
Glue Pen

I decided to try to make a Valentine's Day card, since that's the closest holiday.

Cut and folded pink cardstock in half.

Cut a piece of the lips cardstock and taped it to the pink card base.

Made several attempts to stamp "Will You Be My Valentine" with new stamps, pads, and markers.  As you can see I had to "break the stamp in".

Then I grabed my colored pencils I already had and colored in the white background.

Cut out stamped paper as well as a few small pieces of foam.

Taped foam to back of paper.


Cut out a heart from remaining piece of pink cardstock.  Then got some purple ribbon and one sided tape I had, tied a bow, and taped in on and around the back of the heart.

Then on it goes onto the card.

I added the stamp cutout, but I'm not sure if I like it much.  I almost like the card with just the plain heart better.  What do you think?  I will probably be giving this card to my friend for Valentine's Day tomorrow.  Hopefully she will understand I am a card making ametuer.

And that is my very first attempt at a hand made card.  There's lots of room for learning, that's for sure!  But overall I enjoyed it.  Hope you have a great  Valentine's Day!

0 bloggy friends commented:

Free Template By:

A Blog to Brag About