Friday, May 21, 2010

Button Swap & Grow Day 4

Great news button swappers.  I've decided to make a more permanent location for the button swap blog hop of sorts.  It will be so you can go and find people to swap buttons with and get free advertising at any time during the week.  I will be developing and finishing it soon.  I hope to have it done in a few days; especially before next Friday.  If you want to know as soon as its done, just sign up for my newletter if you haven't already and I'll send you an e-mail.  I will also announce it on my blog.

Things are going well so far.  I've opened up even another project (why can't I stop?) to work on.  This one is basically an auto-pilot project.  I just manage and promote it.  I had originally thought to just hire somebody to build it for me, but after scouting around, I decided I may not find anyone to do it and if I do I probably can't afford it.  So I whipped out the old html building and template searching whips (figuratively speaking of course) and went to work slaving away on it.  I had it done within an evening.  Building your own site is so much faster and cheaper.  There are lots of good free templates out there now to make it easy, too. 

I hope you all have been joining linky parties all week.  I have and have had more visits to my other blog everyday than I even get on this blog!  Crazy!  Linky parties work.  Check out Tools for Women's list of them.  Now for day four, time to take a look at your blog's layout and design.  If its not working for you, maybe you should consider searching for free templates (Lee Lou Blogs has some great ones) or finding a custom designer.  Depends on what your looking for.  I usually either design my own for now or go with a really good free design.  I love A Blog to Brag About's free customizable templates.  I may change this blog to one of those at some point in time.  We'll see.  You can also check out this list of freebies and designers by Butterfly Girls.  I can't think of a reason that you would have to suffer with a blog design that you don't like.  There are so many options out there that its hard not to find something that is at least tolerable :-)  Good luck.

1 bloggy friends commented:

Sarah @ The Pumpkin Patch said...

Hi Sarah. Just thought you'd like to know that I really like this blog design. It is easier to follow than the last one. Good choice.

Free Template By:

A Blog to Brag About